3 Rochon Way – Kanata, ON
Harwood Estates | $829,900
Sunday February 24th, 2:00 - 4:00
Fully renovated since 2016! Don’t miss out on this rare opportunity to own this Bright open concept Bungalow with In-law Suite Potential. Great for multigenerational families. Not just an In-Law suite but A very versatile space, can also be used as a nanny suite, master retreat, or home office.
Spacious foyer with ceramic tiles and large closet. Country maple hardwood flooring throughout main floor. Living room with natural gas fireplace and Quartz surround a great focal point in the room. All lighting updated using quality LED pot lights as well as LED light fixtures, home wired for surround sound with in-ceiling speakers.
Dining area to accommodate large families and just steps away from stunning chefs kitchen offering a walk in pantry, ample white shaker style cabinetry, Quartz countertop with complimentary glass back splash. Stainless steel appliances include gas cooktop, range hood, built-in double oven, built-in microwave, dishwasher as well as counter depth fridge.
Continuing through the main floor you will find laundry room with overhead cabinetry, sink cabinet and hanging rack.
Master Retreat offers Master bedroom with large walk-in closet and 3 piece ensuite. Separate living with kitchenette (can be relocated) and easy access to back deck, a space great space to escape to or use as home office. Equipped with sound proof walls, separate furnace, HRV, hot water tank and central air conditioning system. .
Third bedroom with walk-in closet and 3 piece ensuite, double sinks heated floors, spacious shower. Main Family bath just steps away from second and third bedrooms.
Lower level family room with large windows looking onto backyard, workshop with access to garage, two large unfinished spaces previously designates as a study, home office and which also includes rough in for a bathroom, other space located by garage would make a great home gym. Utility room with Quality water treatment, charcoal filter, UV filter, reverse osmosis.
Double car garage with commercial quality garage door openers, doors lift straight up, Inside access from garage to main floor and Lower level. Storage Shed with electric door
List of improvements include:
- Lifted the house to add 9&1/2’ basement from crawlspace (adding approx 3100 usable square feet
- Added 400 square feet (old garage to main floor) – for in-law suite separation
- Added master en-suite bath
- Built separate inlaw suite/Master retreat
- Removed approximately 20 trees and brought in over $6000 worth of fill/soil/seed to give more usable area (approx. ½ acre)
- Removed sunken living room for more usable space
- New front/back decks with composite decking / aluminum railing
- Added new 24×24 garage with windows, and residential vertical lift doors
- Added walk-in basement door for future live-in care requirements (separate entrance)
- Replaced all siding (and osb) with canexel composite siding
- Replaced all aluminum eavestrough (5”), downpipe (3”x 3”) and fascia
- All new windows and doors
- New door hardware
- Added additional windows and doors for increased lighting
- All new drywall, baseboard and casing throughout
- Wall to wall maple hardwood and title (with heated floors in all bathrooms)
- New kitchen cabinets, appliances, enlarged island, quartz with a large amount of pull out drawers
Wiring and Infrastructure
- Replaced and changed location of electrical panel and service lines to the house
- Rewired entire house with permit
- Secondary sub-panel added for master retreat (in-law suite) separation and a reduction in length of wiring runs
- Commercial grade central vaccum added
- In-ceiling speaker wiring and speakers in both living rooms and cat6 wiring throughout
- Added telecom patch panel for cat6 and coaxial cable
- Added 75+ led pot lights
- Replaced all light fixtures with led
- Multiple doorbell chimes for ensuite and main area
Plumbing & HVAC
- New gas fireplace
- All new plumbing from roof to septic tank and all bath fixtures
- Changed all gas service to 1 1/4 inch to allow for future pool heater
- Created separate gas manifolds for better separation
- Gas line for BBQ
- Separate hvac, furnace, a/c and hot water tanks for different units
- Septic pit in basement for future basement bathroom rough-in
- Replace water pump with continuous pressure pump, added uv, reverse osmosis, and other filtering for improved water quality
- Complete spray foam of main floor walls (R23), garage (R23) and attic (with blown in to R65)
Bunglaow with In-Law Suite Potential
Two (2) car Garage
Full - Partially Finished
- Lot Shape:
- Lot Size:
561.54 ft x 54.72 ft x 678.75 ft x 147.67 ft x 169.64 ft (1.999 ac)
- Year Built:
Approx. 1986 - Fully renovated in 2016/2017
2018 - $4113 approx.
- MLS #: